The Dangerous Creative: Success Frameworks, Core Values, and Income Diversification for Your Photography Business with Kristin Sweeting
The ebbs and flows of entrepreneurial life are constant, and balancing them can often be tricky. Finding alignment in your career while generating profits that support your lifestyle—that’s the dream. And today’s guest helps her mentees and students to make that dream into a reality.
I’m chatting with Kristin Sweeting, wedding photographer turned coach for entrepreneurs and the founder of Dangerous Creatives. She’s sharing how to find fulfillment in your business by aligning it with your values, how passive income streams can be a boost to your business, how to recenter when things feel out of alignment, and the success frameworks that she has created for her students to stay true to themselves.
It’s easy to define your success by other people’s standards. And it’s even easier to lose your ability for fun and creativity along the path to building a business. I hope today’s episode inspires you to get in touch with what you want for your life and take the steps to find the fulfillment that you deserve.
What’s in this episode:
- [02:31] Kristin’s approach with her students to a fulfilled and aligned career that generates great profits, and the importance of normalizing burnout and making your health a priority
- [07:32] Building a business as a single parent, how passive income streams can help diversify your income and take some pressure off
- [15:20] How to overcome imposter syndrome and shift your mindset, and understanding what you can control (and what you can’t)
- [20:03] Kristin’s definition of success, how a core values exercise will help you hone in on what’s most valuable to you, and what to do when things feel out of alignment
- [32:12] How Kristin’s Dangerous Creatives framework helps her mentees grow
Tune in to this episode with Kristin Sweeting to get inspiration for generating multiple income streams while prioritizing your values!
Want to put an end to awkward moments in your photo sessions and create genuine connection? Download The Storyteller’s Toolkit today, featuring 200+ emotive photography prompts, so you’re never left wondering what to say.
Kristin is a wedding photographer turned coach for entrepreneurs, and the founder of Dangerous Creatives. She has built two multiple 6-figure businesses while single parenting her son, so she knows how difficult balance and the ebbs and flows of a creative business can be.
She believes that people matter most. She believes in a way of doing business and creating art that helps creatives become the healthiest version of themselves, builds community, and changes culture. Kristin has built her coaching business on the pillars of being true to yourself, radically inclusive, open, accepting, and curious. Her goal is to help you find more clarity, joy, and purpose while bringing home the bacon (like the really fancy organic bacon).
Connect with Kristin
Did this episode with Kristin Sweeting inspire you to revisit your core values? Check out this episode from Kate Hejde that offers you even more insight on finding alignment in your business!
share the love
I’m on a mission to create uplifting online experiences for photographers ready to elevate their art, their business and their mindset.(...and have fun along the way!)