Finding Focus Amid the Chaos: The Importance of Nervous System Regulation and Self-Care for Photographers with Renee Bowen
Being a photographer, or any other kind of creative business owner, can be stressful. Deadlines, budgets, clients, imposter syndrome – all of these things can cause us to become dysregulated and mentally frazzled. But finding the calm in the chaos of entrepreneurial life is possible, my friends. You deserve a calm, successful business without the overwhelm.
In today’s episode, I’m interviewing Renee Bowen, a photographer and coach who specializes in NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming). Renee shares why it’s important to cultivate a calm nervous system as a business owner, how to find work/life balance without getting overwhelmed, and strategies for achieving your business goals while still feeling calm and fulfilled. Let’s try to reduce the stress and increase your overall sense of wellbeing.
Renee also shares the creative blocks that photographers can fall into, and how you can quiet the voice of your inner saboteur.
What’s in this episode:
- [01:12] How Renee became interested in NLP, neuroencoding, and hypnosis, plus what exactly these modalities are
- [10:37] Why it’s so important to cultivate a calm nervous system in order to run a smooth business, and how to get off autopilot in your business
- [20:00] How to find work/life balance without feeling overwhelmed
- [25:11] Renee shares some strategies for achieving your business goals while still having a sense of calm and fulfillment in your life
- [31:24] The creative blocks that photographers can fall into
- [40:25] Renee shares helpful resources to achieve calm and successful businesses
Tune in to this episode for how you can find the calm amidst the chaos in your photography business.
Renee Bowen helps creative entrepreneurs get out of their own way so they can build rock solid businesses and design deeply fulfilling lives with nice, calm, nervous systems. A photographer specializing in luxury experiences for high school seniors in branding for over 20 years, Renee understands the overthinking, overactive, amazing brains we creatives have and holds certification in NLP brain training, neuroencoding and hypnosis. These modalities build on top of her background in psychology and are at the core of her coaching method. A mix of tried and true strategies with a dash of quantum creating metaphysical magic, Her goal is to help you become untriggerable in both business and in life.
Connect with Renee
Did this episode inspire you to find the calm in the chaos in your photography business? Check out this episode Mind Your Mind: Mindfulness for Creativity with Heidi Hope that offers you even more insight on finding alignment in your business!
share the love
I’m on a mission to create uplifting online experiences for photographers ready to elevate their art, their business and their mindset.(...and have fun along the way!)